Monday, March 27, 2006

"Fruit Mommy, Fruit"


I wonder, I wonder where she is and how she is doing with out me.... I wonder does she see me, is she angry with me for not being there with her, for continuing my daily living? I can't say my daily routine, because she was my routine.I wish I could see her, I wish I could hold her one last time!! Life has so many different paths to take, and your life is not planned out for you, your paths are but depending on which one you chose to take is where your future will be. God may have several plans for us all, but can one be so cruel to of put this path up for us?? I could have chose another path, but I am so glad I chose the one I did!! I got to experience a wonderful short period of time with my daughter and I appreciate everyday that I can think back to our wonderful happy and fun memories!! You only live once and live it to the fullest!! Have fun, be with your family and know at all times what is important!! I cannot think of anything else more painful then what we have recently experienced, You think your handling it but in all reality maybe your trying to hide it. Maybe you know deep inside that no matter how much pain you feel that will never bring her back. I don't know what to do with myself. We are supposed to be finding a house, I feel guilty, But mostly I feel like I don't want to do this without her. There were so many things we were looking for in a house for her and Alex. How do you do this without her???? I am so alone with out her. I just wish for five minutes I could reach for her and her wrap her hand around my fingers, Everytime she and I would hold hands and she would reach up for my hand, she would look up and smile at me, I would get goose bumps just from the glow in her eyes alone. I am not by any means trying to make anyone feel guilty in what I am about to say, I am only saying this to open your eyes and make you realize how important everyday, every minute and every second in your day, just how vital those seconds and minutes are. The next time your child asks you to play with them or hold them----do it!! You don't know what that next second may bring!! I am so thankful today, that before I lost her I went into the living room to get her to bring her to the kitchen to eat and there she was dancing to Jack's big music show-but as soon as she saw me and as soon as I said "C'mon Hailey bug Wanna do nummy nums?" She came running over to me and said," Fruit Mommy, Fruit??" She loved to eat fruit!! But I picked her up and gave her the biggest kiss an hug before I put her in that high chair. I thank God for that!! I hope I don't offend anyone or make them feel sad by doing what I do on this site, however it is a way for me to vent but more important a way to keep her here with me and everyone else. If I just get one story in every time to show people how unique and special she was then I will keep apart of her here with everyone!! I have to tell you, I went and picked up her medical records from Brookhaven hospital today, Included in those records is everything the EMT's write down before they get to the hospital. They wrote that basically she didn't have a pulse, which I think I knew that already, but part of me feels better that maybe she didn't die alone and cold in the hospital, she died in my arms, in her mommy's arms, in her home where she loved to be!! I love my children more than anything in life and I cannot explain the days and nights without her!!

( I think in this picture the flash was a little bright for her!!-what do ya think??) This was at Alex's birthday party, he had a mining party they had so much fun!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Donielle Wilkinson said...

Amanda- it is so true and you are so right. I couldn't agree with you more. It is so easy to get caught up with the whirlwind of "life" and forget what the most important things are, and take them for granted. It is unfortunate that you have to learn this from tragedy. I know I have most definitely learned a very valuable lesson and I remind myself this on a daily basis. Live each day like it's your last and make sure the people that are important in your life know they are.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds so east to say"Live each day like it's your last", but it's hard because you have to continue doing the things you do to keep the roof over your head etc... It's all a hard learning experience for everyone. But definetaly spend time with those you love because you never know!!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a day goes by without her popping into my mind. Flashes of her pop in and out constantly. For a split second my mind forgets she is gone and I think to myself lets go and do this with Hailey. Then its like someone rips out the rug from underneath me, it all comes flooding back. I walk around finding myself humming please remember. And when I play the cd I constantly find myself trying so hard to sing it just perfectly for her ( sounds stupid). Today I was driving in my car and started to think about the nice weather is finally here. But without her it is not the same. She needs to be here to swim, to play in the sand, to swing on the swings, and fly down the slide. You know everyone said time, this will help ease the pain. As for me time just makes the pain more excruciating. The more time passes the more I think and want her back. I dont know what I did but it is almost as if when this happened I didnt allow myself to feel or maybe I thought it wasnt really happening. As for now I guess I just cant pretend anymore. I miss you Hailey and love you with all my heart!!!!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YA KNOW, IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE YOU MENTIONED ABOUT THE WARM WEATHER, THE OTHER DAY(SUNDAY) WHILE FRANK AND I WERE WALKNG THROUGH THE CEMETERY I THOUGHT TO MYSELF IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL OUT, YET AT THE SAME TIME MY KNEES WANTED TO GIVE OUT FROM UNDER ME. I DON'T WANT TO FACE THESE BEAUTIFUL DAYS WITHOUT HER! THERE'S IS NOTHING BEAUTIFUL WITHOUT HER!I COULDN'T WAIT TO TAKE HER TO THE BEACH THIS SUMMER. THERE WERE SO MANY THINGS I WAS GOING TO DO WITH HER THIS SUMMER.SO YES THE WARM WEATHER DOES NOT MAKE THIS ANY EASIER. I MUST AGREE WITH YOU. YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE RUG PULLED OUT FROM UNDER YOU. THE OTHER NIGHT (SATURDAY)I WAS HOME ALONE WATCHING T.V. THE PHONE WAS LYING NEXT TO ME BECAUSE I WAS WAITING FOR FRANK TO CALL. I WAS VERY IN TO MY TV SHOW WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I WENT TO PICK UP THE PHONE TO CALL HER, THIS HAS TO BE LIKE THE SECOND OR THIRD TIME I HAVE DONE THAT,AFTER THE FACT I CRY LIKE A BABY!!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would think everyone would have learned something from this whole horrific event;unfortunately this is never the case. People are people and they seldom change. I'm sure it wakes them up for a while, but their true self comes out eventually!
I feel so helpless with all of this. I still wake up in the middle of the night with Hailey on my mind. I'm startled because I'm confused for the first few brief moments, and then the horrid pain returns that nothing seems to calm. Then I lie there awake for hours, my mind wandering aimlessly. I try to change the thoughts, but they always seem to creep back into my head. I can't tell you how much sleep I've lost, I can't imagine how you do it & go on & function throughout your daily routines. God!!! The heartwrenching pain of the actual event, seeing it all in my head, knowing what you went through, alone, with nobody there to help you. Not that anyone could have done anything more than you did, but just to "have someone there with you, for you". But then again, the harsh reality is there was. Alex. That little boy has been through something no little child should ever have to bear. He was by your side. He remained by Hailey's side, chanting her on to pull through, to breathe. I know it is impossible to let go, but remember to live for those who are here as well & like you said, love him like there's no tomorrow. I love you all so much. My heart aches for you everyday and there is nothing I can do, but love you, all of you.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add...everytime I see a little two year old I get lost in my thoughts. Wondering what new milestones she would have reached by now. Would she be making us all proud by actually taking off her diaper & going potty in that fancy new chair instead of running around the house peeing!!! :) She was so proud sitting at the kitchen table at your Mom's eating with us while Delaney occupied the highchair. She knew she was hot shit up there! That glow, that smile, those eyes!!! I'm so glad we went to the beach last year with Janessa & Sarah, Alex, Delaney, Payton, & me. Her sitting on the blanket eating, enjoying the moment, enjoying the company. I know the nicer weather brings more heartache of the what ifs & whys. It's not fair. None of it is. But there's nothing we can do about that, except remain thankful for the memories in which she'll live on forever! I love you guys..BobbieJo

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home