Monday, May 22, 2006

THE LUMP IN YOUR THROAT


YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING OKAY AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT HITS YOU LIKE A TON OF BRICKS AND IT LASTS FOR DAYS,WEEKS ETC.. FRANK AND I WERE PACKING FOR THE NEW HOUSE ON SUNDAY AND IT SEEMED LIKE NO MATTER WHERE WE TURNED SHE WAS THERE SAYING HI! I'M COMING WITH YOU!! EVERY DRAW THAT HE OPENED IN OUR BEDROOM HAD SOMETHING OF HERS IN IT. THE UNREAL PART IS SHE PUT THIS STUFF THERE BEFORE SHE LEFT. I WENT CRAZY FOR THE LONGEST TIME TRYING TO FIND HER PURPLE TWEEZERS, WHELP SURE ENOUGH FRANK FOUND THEM AT THE BOTTOM OF HIS DRESSER DRAWER. WE FOUND HER SOCK, HER WASH RAG ETC.. EVERY WHERE WE TURNED THERE SHE WAS. WE MISS HER SO MUCH. I CRY AT THE THOUGHT OF WONDERING WHAT WOULD SHE BE DOING RIGHT NOW???? SHE TOOK APART OF US WHEN SHE LEFT SHE TOOK A MIGHTY LARGE CHUNK OF US!! SHE AGED ME TIMES TEN BETWEEN THAT NIGHT ALONE AND THEN DEALING WITH THIS DAY TO DAY. NO ONE REALIZES WHAT THIS IS LIKE. DO YOU THINK WE GET UP IN THE MORNING AND FORGET FOR A MOMENT THAT SHE IS MISSING FROM OUR LIVES? DO YOU THINK WE GO TO WORK IN THE MORNING AND NOT REALIZE THERE IS ONE LESS PERSON WE ARE WORKING FOR IN THIS WORLD? NO MATTER WHERE WE GO OR WHAT WE DO IT IS AND CAN BE RELATED TO HER SOME HOW. FOR 21 MONTHS OUR LIVES REVOLVED AROUND HER AND TO ONEDAY WAKE UP AND HAVE THAT TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU IS DEVASTATING. I CANNOT PUT INTO WORDS THE PAIN, THE LUMP IN YOUR THROAT, THE STOMACH FLIPPING. IT HURTS EVERDAY EVERY SECOND. I WILL TALK ABOUT HER UNTIL THE DAY I GO. SHE WAS APART OF US AND WILL REMAIN APART OF US ALWAYS AND FOREVER. I REMEMBER SO MANY THINGS BUT THAT NIGHT IS SUCH A BLUR. THAT WHOLE DAY IS A BLUR AND I JUST WISH I COULD REMEMBER THE LAST THING SHE SAID TO ME. I REMEMBER TAKING HER FROM THE LIVING ROOM INTO THE KITCHEN TO PUT HER INTO THE HIGH CHAIR AND SAYING TO HER " C'MON BUG WANNA DO NUMMY NUMS?" AND SHE REPLIED WITH "FRUIT MOMMY,FRUIT", BUT I KNOW SHE HAD TO F SAID MORE TO ME WHILE SHE WAS EATING BUT I CANNOT REMEMBER AND IT HURTS THAT THOSE LAST VITAL MEMORIES OF HER SPEAKING TO ME I CANNOT REMEMBER. IT ALL JUMPS STRAIGHT TO THAT MOMENT OF LOOKING AT HER AND HER REACHING OUT FOR ME TO HELP AND I COULDN'T DAMN IT, I COULDN'T HELP MY DAUGHTER. WHELP I GUESS YOU CAN TELL TODAY WAS ONE OF THOSE ROUGH ONES SO I AM GOING TO GO AND LEAVE OFF BY SAYING COLLECT THOSE PENNIES, THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT NEEDS THEM!! WE LOVE YOU BUG!!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even think how you guys are doing it every day because there isn't a moment of my day that she isn't there.I often think about people saying it gets better well not for me and Im sure not for you guys ,some times are a little easier then others.I remember that day I did her hair in two pony tails I knew she would not leave it for you to see so I took the pictures of her for you.We had so much fun with her.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture of Frank and Hailey is so beautiful. Just the way she is looking up at him and he is softly smiling at her, is just precious. My heart melted looking at it, I actully couldn't stop looking at it. I hope these still moments in time bring happiness to your heart and make you feel all the love you have for her now and always. We miss you and think of you daily, Hailey! A true Angel here, and in Heaven.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Donielle Wilkinson said...

I get a 'lump in my throat' just looking at that beautiful picture. It's such an amazing shot.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First let me say that is an adorable picture of you and justin!! I didn't even know that picture existed of Hailey and Frank and I found it on one of the cameras that was hiding in my closet!!There were so many cute ones on there however this one was just perfect. It's like a silhouette. Something you would pay to have big bucks done by a photographer and look we did it all on our own!! :)Donielle I miss her everday and it sucks because there just wasn't enough time with her. I always thought those things can't happen in our family and it did!!It makes you wonder-why??There are so many people in this world who totally do not deserve their children and not their children should die for that but why make them be able to have those children?

How did you get your picture on there? thats cool, I wanna do that!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Donielle Wilkinson said...

You should have that blown up, put in a nice frame and hang it in your new house. It is just a breathtaking shot.

I can't even begin to imagine how you feel everyday. I think about you all every single day and wish that I could make this all better for you and bring her back to you. My heart is with you- and I am still and always will be here for you.

About the profile picture- go into your profile and there is a section to "add a profile picture"...check it out. If you have trouble finding it, e-mail me and we will go through it together. xOxOxOxOxO

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home