Monday, December 04, 2006

Merry Christmas from Heaven


Someone very near and dear gave me a Christmas ornament this year and this is the poem it came with:

I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel your love
on the cold wintery nights

I still share your hopes
and all of your cares
I'll even remind you
to please say your prayers

I just want to tell you
you still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment
to stay in his grace
I came here before you
to help set your place

You don't have to be
perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip
If you continue the climb

To my family and friends
Please be thankful today
I'm still close beside you
in a new special way

I love you all dearly
now don't shed a tear
Cause I'm spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year

(I had to do this picture again because it just brings me back to when I taught her how to make that face and stick her tongue out with food on it!! Just like someone once taught me and you know who you are!!) look at that face and those teeth and can still feel those teeth nailing me in the mouth when she would go to kiss me!! I can still feel it and yet I can't, I just need to feel that again!! And I never will, that hurts that hurts more than anything in the world. It's not like she is away or lost she is gone and there is no way to change that ever!! I still have this lump in my throat that every once in awhile it flares up where it almost hurts my throat and then the tears come, I never had that feeling before until all of this. I think this all really did some changes on me not just emotionally and mentally but physically as well!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true couldn't have said it better myself!! It does suck that we are all not the close family we once were but that I think all had a lot to do with one major catastrophe that happen when my mom and dad seperated, thats when I remember everyone going there own seperate ways. And from that going forward everyone continued to drift, but as you said no love was erased and no memories can ever be erased. The part that stinks is our children will never get to experience what we experienced as far as being one big unit!!Hope all is well!! I love you too!!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say this is one of the very few times I have been able to read the things you have put on here. Your writing has always been something I've admired about you, and I can see you have yet to lose your touch! The poem caught my eye because I received an ornament for Christmas this year with it written on it in memory of my mother. It's so beautiful, yet it hurts like hell to read it. Though I can't imagine your kind of pain, it helps me to know that they are up there together. Laughing at us I'm sure, but missing us all the same. All and all they are just passing time until we see them again! Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend on Sunday but I hope the sun is shining in your direction, for it is you daughter smiling at you. I love you. - Melissa

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa your comment is there!Yeah for some reason God made it that I am good at putting things down on paper but suck at expressing aloud.Go figure!! Yeah I am sure they are both looking down and laughing and your mom is taking care of her for me and she is lighting your mom up. Melissa I cannot say that I know the pain you are feeling for a second because I don't. Yes we both did lose someone extremely close to one another, however it is two total different losses.I hurt for you baby, I hurt that here you were someone so close to their mom and she was taken from you but also at a time where you wanted and needed her. A time where I know mom's are needed and loved more than ever. But Mel, the only thing I can tell you is that your mom was and is there with you every step of the way. And I can only tell you this because I knew the woman she was and will always be. She will be next to you in good and in bad, and when you may think the time is so bad for a little far fetched matter that really doesn't matter she still will be there ( laughing at you)!! LOL!!Telling you to get over it!!LOL!! I love you Mel, I know we don't see one another too often but you and your family are always in my heart. If you ever want to break please call me thats what I am here for!! Don't forget you breaking is what brought us together once again, me breaking was what brought us together once again..Please lets not only be together when its negative. I lvoe you girl!!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home